Teach English in Changsha
Compensation and salary
- Up to 14,000 RMB depending on your qualification and skills
- Free accommodation for all our teachers
- Help with visa and documentation
- 12-15 paid days of vacation per contract
- Flight ticket reimbursement after 9 months (the amount should not exceed 3000 RMB)
- 7000 RMB contract completion bonus
- Visa fee reimbursement after 9 months of the contract
- Airport pickup
- Welcome pack (monthly transport ticket, SIM card, health assurance, etc.)
- Guided tour around Changsha + tips about where to go in your district
- Loyalty bonus for each subsequent contract with the school
- Referral bonuses per person (if a new teacher is hired through your recommendation)
- Help with everything related to bureaucracy or medicine
- Help with a bank account, taxes, paying bills (if needed)
- Training, support, and class observation
- TEFL certificate (if needed)
- Extra money for your previous experience with young learners (+ around 200 RMB per month)
- Health insurance covered by the school
Types of ESL Teaching Jobs in Changsha
- Public schools
- International primary and secondary schools
- Private language centers
Many English native speakers look for an opportunity to teach English abroad.
And nowadays teaching English at a Chinese school is one of the most interesting and profitable options since an ESL teacher can visit new places, learn about another culture, meet different people and earn decent money.
All these things you can do at the same time if you consider teaching English in Changsha.
English teaching jobs in Changsha are in high demand so you can find many vacancies with different requirements, curriculum, and schedule.
Because of this variety of working places and conditions, you can choose exactly what you need among all ESL teaching jobs in Changsha.
Regular salary for an English teacher here starts from 11000 RMB (1600$) and may increase up to 13000 RMB (1900$), that is enough to make a decent living.
Also, many organizations have their system of the bonuses for overtimes of extra students.
You can increase your income if you have a TEFL/CELTA certificate or have relevant experience. In this case, you may earn up to 14000 RMB (2050$) monthly.
Changsha city is a very popular Chinese cultural center, where you can find everything you need for a comfortable life.
There are many restaurants, expat bars, touristic points, and museums, where you can spend your free time!
Teaching in kindergartens
English teaching jobs in Changsha are very different, but vacancies in kindergartens are one of the most popular.
Because everyone understands that foreign language is better to learn in childhood.
The more practice you have, the better the level of the language you can achieve.
Teaching in public or private kindergarten are the best jobs for students in Changsha.
A young teacher always can find the right way of commutation with children and has enough energy to pay attention to all students.
Sometimes this work may be challenging enough, because in public Chinese kindergarten you may have up to 50 students in the group!
But it is always exciting and funny because you will play interesting and active games and learn English in an entertaining way.
Also, the main advantage of Changsha English teaching jobs in kindergartens is that usually, a teacher has an assistant that can help you with children.
In private kindergarten, you will have smaller groups, but the teaching program will be pretty much the same.
It is a very responsible job, because you may be the first English teacher for children.
And you will need to show them how exciting English language may be.
Teaching in public schools
Public school jobs in Changsha are less popular than vacancies in private institutions, but still, you can find a place in primary and secondary schools.
In this case, you will have approved school curriculum that can make your work easier.
If you choose ESL public school jobs in Changsha you will have very stable work with 20 teaching hours per week and classical weekends on Saturday and Sunday.
It is very convenient because you can attend interesting events that usually take place on weekends.
Teaching in international primary and secondary schools
Changsha international school jobs are the most popular for teachers because many private organizations look for a passionate native speaker that can teach children of all ages.
For example, in primary school, your students’ age will be 5-12 years old.
And you will need to create a teaching program that will be relevant for your students.
It may be regular reading exercises that will be combined with some games and activities for younger children.
Or you can create different tests and themes for essays for students that have already learned the basics.
ESL teaching jobs in Changsha in secondary schools cover students’ groups in age from 12 to 17.
This work may be more appealing to an experienced teacher because you will teach and explain English grammar deeply.
In all cases, if you teach at a school in Changsha, you will have lessons in the early mornings and your working day will end at 5 p.m.
So you will have time for yourself in the evenings and can go to the cinema, restaurants, and bars with colleagues after a working day.
Teaching in private language centers
“Is it possible to teach adults in Changsha?” – It is the question that worried many native speakers that want to find work in China.
The answer is yes, sure, because there are many training language centers in Changsha.
The main advantages of working with adults are that they are more motivated and you will not need to spend energy to hold the discipline.
Also, this work will be more interesting for people who don’t like to teach children and want to create an intellectual program with fiction books, movies and jokes for people that understand them.
Also, this vacancy is for you if you like to sleep in the mornings, take your coffee and go for a walk.
Your teaching hours mainly will start after 12 p.m. and in the evening, because adult students can attend English courses after work.
For the same reason, you will work on Saturday and Sunday and have two free days in the middle of the week.
What to expect from your role as an English teacher in Changsha?
If you decide to work in Changsha as an English teacher you need to know basic requirements and benefits:
- 5 working days per week (days off may not be on Saturday and Sunday).
- 40 working hours per week (20 teaching hours)
- From 10 to 50 students in a group (depends on the school)
- Lessons planning and preparation
- Administration duties (attend all meetings with colleges, students and parents)
- Monitor progress of your students with test and exams
Moving to Changsha is a very serious decision, so you need to know all about lodging in this city.
The good news is we always provides teachers with free housing or monthly allowance.
In the first option, you will need only to check photos of the flats and choose where you want to live.
Usually, schools provide their teachers with a lovely apartment in the same district as your work. Because it saves time and more convenient, you will take a short walk to the school and back instead of wasting your time in transports.
In the second option, you can choose accommodation in any district of Changsha.
The main requirement is the price of a flat because it should be equal to the budget of your employer. But you will need to resolve all questions with the landlord by yourself.
Many teachers that live in China a few years choose this option because they formed their preferences about where to live.
In other cases, you can choose to live with another teacher from your school.
This option is very popular because you will be provided with a bigger flat and you will always have a friend. This aspect is very important when you move to another country.
Qualifications & Skills
Basic requirements to teach English in China may seem very low, but don’t forget, that extra experience and diplomas will get you better-paid positions.
- Bachelor’s degree will be a plus, but not necessary
- TEFL/TESOL will be a benefit, but it is not a strict requirement (you can do certification upon school’s request while already teaching in China)
- No teaching experience is required
- Preferably a native speaker, or non-native with fluent English
- Ready to commit to a 12-month contract at least
- Open-minded, creative, patient and professional
Apply Now to Teach English in Changsha
If you feel like this city might be the right place, send us this information, so that we could get back to you with a suitable offer:
- Recent photo
- Preferences (young students/adults, schedule)
- When you are able to start
Apply today at [email protected] (clickable email to write us right away) or fill out the form below.
Get ready with your application today and teach English in Changsha with one of the best schools in the area.