Teach English in Chengdu
Compensation and salary
- Salary up to 13,000 RMB (depends on your schedule, experience, level of English, etc.)
- Free accommodation
- Help with visa
- Visa fee reimbursement after 6 months of the contract
- 11+15 days off per school year
- Flight ticket reimbursement after 9 months (the amount should not exceed 3000 RMB)
- 7000 RMB contract completion bonus
- Airport pickup
- Welcome pack (monthly transport ticket, SIM card, health assurance, etc.)
- Guided tour around Beijing + tip about where to go in your district
- Loyalty bonus for each subsequent contract with the school
- Referral bonuses per person (if a new teacher is hired through your recommendation)
- Help with everything related to bureaucracy or medicine
- Help with a bank account, taxes, paying bills, interacting with officials and doctors (if needed)
- Coaching, workshops, class reviews and mutual observation
- TEFL certificate (if needed)
Types of ESL Teaching Jobs in Chengdu
- Primary and secondary schools
- Training English centers
If you decide to teach English in Chengdu, you make a good choice. If you check job seeking websites, you can notice that the Chengdu teaching jobs are highly demanded.
And this fact, for sure, makes some influence on compensations and salaries. You can earn from 12000 RMB to 13000 RMB (1750$ – 1900$). averagely.
But some really passionate teachers can increase their income for up to 3000$ per month, receiving their bonuses!
Pay may vary depending on the qualification, degree and international certificates. Teaching English in China with no experience is slightly less paid.
You can easily find jobs for students in Chengdu Zhejiang for the start and then become more and more experienced. So everything is in your hands!
Teaching in kindergartens
Some English teachers prefer to work with children because they are open to new information. And it is easier to teach the right English than re-teaching people that learn incorrect grammar or pronunciation. If you think so, you can find ESL teaching jobs in Chengdu and work in kindergartens.
Teaching English in China in the kindergartens allow you to present information in a playful way. Smart games with names of animals, months, etc. always are interesting to children and can help to learn many new words.
Teaching in schools
If you prefer to teach at a school in Chengdu, you can choose between primary or secondary school.
The program of teaching may vary depending on the age of your students and their current English level. You will need to prepare the learning plans and make the teaching process diverse.
Public schools in China usually prefer young, passionate and vigorous teachers. Because it may be hard to hold attention in the big class. Also, you will need special TEFL certification if you want to teach English at a Chinese school.
If all these points are about you, you can choose the work at the school with confidence.
In this case, you will have a very stable schedule – 5 working days and 2 days off. The additional perk is a short working day. You will end your school lessons approximately 4-5pm and have more time for yourself.
Is it possible to teach adults in Chengdu?
One of the most popular questions is about teaching adults. Is it possible to find this position among the international school Chengdu jobs?
The answer is definitely yes, you can find many adult groups in the English training centers! Because more and more adults need to know English for their work in so developed Chengdu city.
Adult students usually are more motivated and hardworking, because they understand what they need it for. So you will practice English grammar, reading and writing a lot.
Therefore, you need to know that in this case, you will provide lessons on the weekends unlike when you work in Chengdu as an English teacher in a school because adult students have the possibility to learn in their free time.
It doesn’t mean that you will work for the whole week, just that you will have 2 free days in the middle of the week.
What to expect from your role as an English teacher in Chengdu
Usually, the responsibilities of a certified teacher are very similar in all teaching jobs for foreigners in Chengdu:
- 5/2 working schedule
- About 40 working hours (teaching + preparation)
- Up to 50 students in the group in public school or kindergarten
- Up to 20 students in secondary school or training center
- Providing feedback to the students and parents
- You will need to attend teachers’ meetings and other necessary events
- Check the progress with tests
Almost all English teaching jobs in Chengdu provide you with free accommodation. It may be an apartment for one or a bigger flat if you want to live with the flatmate.
Usually, Chengdu expats prefer to live together because in this case, they will have spacious accommodation with 2 or 3 rooms.
Sometimes employer provides monthly allowance from 200$ to 400$ to help you with rent and bills.
- In both cases, you have the opportunity to choose accommodation yourself because it is very important to feel comfy moving to Chengdu.
- All flats are beautiful and fully equipped for everyday life.
- Apartments are usually near the school so you will not spend much time in order to get to school or back.
Qualifications & Skills
Unlike other ESL recruitment agencies and schools, we do not require you to have a TEFL/TESOL certificate or teaching experience. If you are fluent in English and want to teach kids or adults in China, you are welcome to apply and we will find you a teaching position in more than 60 cities around China.
- English language fluency in speaking, reading, and writing
- Willingness to stay with the school for 12 or 15 months
- Passion for teaching, indulgence, genuine interest for Chinese culture and an open mind
- You can earn more and apply for better positions if you have TEFL with at least 120 hours of experience (but you can do certification after your arrival or online)
- Being a native is an advantage (however, non-natives with good language skills and accent are as much appreciated)
- Friendly personality, easy-going, culturally aware, passionate about teaching
- Age: 18 - 45
Apply Now to Teach English in Chengdu
Do you like the idea? Leave us your contact details and the following documents:
- A recent photo of you
- Cover letter
- Preferred schedule and type of students
- When are you ready to start?
Apply today at [email protected] (clickable email to write us right away) or fill out the form below.
Get your application in today and teach English in Chengdu with one of the leading schools in the city.