Teach English in Chongqing
Compensation and salary
- Salary up to 14,000 RMB depending on your qualifications
- Free accommodation/allowance
- Help with visa and documentation
- 12+15 paid days of vacation per contract
- Flight ticket reimbursement after 9 months (the amount should not exceed 3000 RMB)
- 7000 RMB contract completion bonus
- Visa fee reimbursement after 9 months of the contract
- Airport pickup
- Welcome pack (monthly transport ticket, SIM card, health assurance, etc.)
- Guided tour around Chongqing + tips about where to go in your district
- Loyalty bonus for each subsequent contract with the school
- Referral bonuses per person (if a new teacher is hired through your recommendation)
- Help with everything related to bureaucracy or medicine
- Help with a bank account, taxes, paying bills (if needed)
- Training, support, and class observation
- TEFL certificate (if needed)
- Extra money for your previous experience with young learners (+ around 200 RMB per month)
- Health insurance covered by the school
Types of ESL Teaching Jobs in Chongqing
- Private kindergartens
- International elementary /middle/high schools
- Language training centers
English teaching jobs in Chongqing is a great opportunity for all native speakers to earn money easily, travel a lot, and have rest too.
There are many ESL public school jobs in Chongqing, jobs in kindergartens, and even options to teach in universities.
Everything depends on your skills, previous experience, degree, and certificates (TEFL/CELTA).
Chongqing teaching jobs have different requirements, schedule, and benefits. But usually, salary and compensation for teaching English abroad are enough to make a decent living.
For example, regular salary for ESL jobs in Chongqing starts from 12000 RMB (1700$) and may increase up to 14000 RMB (2050$).
Teaching English at a Chinese school is very profitable because you can increase your income proportionally to your experience.
For example, if you have a university degree, relevant experience, and TEFL/CELTS certificates, you can increase your income up to 15000 RMB (2200$).
Also, bear in mind that prices for all goods in China are relatively low.
Teaching in private kindergartens
If you are a young and passionate English teacher, you can find a vacancy in the Chinese kindergarten, because it is the best option of jobs for students in Chongqing.
Usually, a younger teacher has enough energy to hold the discipline, play active games, and communicate with children. Also, you won't need years of experience, so that it can be the start of your career!
Teaching in Chongqing in private kindergarten is very comfortable because you will have from 5-20 children in the class.
While in the public Chinese kindergarten may be 50 children in one group, and it may be a little challenging.
The age of your students may vary from 2 to 5 years old, so you will need to prepare the teaching program that will meet the requirements and level of English.
Teaching in an international school
Teaching abroad programs for certified teachers often suggest vacancies in international schools. Because these organizations are becoming more and more popular, many schools open in big and developed cities every year.
If you decide to choose international school Chongqing jobs, your students will have a better level of English than children from public school.
It is because they study all lessons in English and have more practice in their everyday life.
Usually, there are more hours of English in private schools, and the teaching program itself is more profound.
You can choose between vacancies in elementary, middle, and high schools. And the main difference is the age of your students, 6-12 years – elementary, 12- 15 – middle, 15-18 – high school.
As you can see, international school Chongqing jobs may be very different, and you can choose a place that will be perfect for you and your requirements.
The schedule for all schools in China is pretty the same. You will start your working day at 8-9 in the morning, and end at about 5 p.m. So you will have enough time for yourself in the evenings to go to the restaurants, cinema or expat bars.
Teaching in English training centers
Chongqing English teaching jobs are in high demand. The main reason is students of all ages in language training centers that need to boost their knowledge.
Usually, parents send their children to training centers, because they understand that a proper level of a foreign language can help to receive a good quality education and job in the future.
The youngest group in a training center starts from 2 to 5 years old students. And it is very responsible because you will need to begin with the fundamentals.
Is it possible to teach adults in Chongqing?
Sure, there are many adult groups in training centers. If you feel that work with children isn’t yours, you can choose teaching jobs in Chongqing in language centers and work only with adult groups.
In this case, you will explain English grammar deeply and create a more complicated and interesting program.
Because you will no need to hold the discipline and play games on the lesson, you can come up with really exciting tasks and essays for your students that can further help in their everyday life and work.
Among all ESL jobs in Chongqing, only vacancies in training centers can offer to start your working day after 12 p.m. So it is a perfect option for owls that want to sleep in the morning, go to the next bakery and have a branch and only after that start a workday.
What to expect from your role as an English teacher in Chongqing?
If you consider teaching English in Chongqing, you need to know basic requirements and benefits.
This list may vary, but usually, all employers have very similar work conditions:
- About 20-40 teaching hours (office hours may vary from 20 to 0)
- 5/2 working week (days off may be in the middle of the week)
- From 5 (training center) to 50 (public kindergarten) students in one class
- Create a teaching program or use curriculum of the school
- Attend teachers’ meetings and meetings with your employer
- Provide students and their parents with the feedback
- Monitor the progress and motivate students
- Teaching-relative assignments, work with documentation
Chongqing teaching jobs usually include free housing for teachers, so you will not need to spend a lot of money on rent.
There are three options for teaching jobs for foreigners in Chongqing:
- Your employer provides you with a cozy flat near the school, and you can save not only money but also time by walking to and from the workplace without using public transportation, experiencing peak hours, scheduling additional travel expenses, etc.
- Your employer provides you with a monthly allowance, and you can choose any flat that will meet this budget. In this case, you can choose any district of Chongqing city and live wherever you want. But keep in mind that you will need to communicate with your landlord and handle all the questions by yourself.
- Or you can rent an apartment with another teacher from your school. In this case, your employer will provide you with bigger size accommodation with few rooms and a shared kitchen and bathroom. This option is quite popular because you will have a friend in a new country with whom you can go to the bars, restaurants, and other touristic sites. It is super important for your mental health not to feel alone in a foreign country and create a warm community with Chongqing expats.
Qualifications & Skills
Basic requirements to teach English in China may seem very low, but don’t forget, that extra experience and diplomas will get you better-paid positions.
- English language fluency in speaking, reading, and writing
- Willingness to stay with the school for 12 or 15 months
- Passion for teaching, indulgence, genuine interest for Chinese culture and an open mind
- You can earn more and apply for better positions if you have TEFL with at least 120 hours of experience (but you can do certification after your arrival or online)
- Friendly personality, easy-going, culturally aware, passionate about teaching
- Age: 18 - 45
Apply Now to Teach English in Chongqing
If you feel like this city might be the right place, send us this information, so that we could get back to you with a suitable offer:
- Recent photo
- Preferences (young students/adults, schedule)
- When you are able to start
Apply today at [email protected] (clickable email to write us right away) or fill out the form below.
Get ready with your application today and teach English in Chongqing with one of the best schools in the area.