Teach English in Dalian
Compensation and salary
Although English teaching jobs in Dalian usually require hard work, concentration, and dedication, employers tend to offer competitive salaries and extra bonuses, which make your life in China easier and more enjoyable.
- Monthly salary from 10,000 RMB to 20,000 RMB (experienced employees earn more)
- Overtime pay is negotiable
- Salary increase + yearly bonuses for teachers who stay with the employer
- Free accommodation within walking distance of the office
- Help with visa and documentation
- 13+15 days off per school year
- Flight ticket reimbursement after the end of the contract (the amount should not exceed 3000 RMB)
- 7000 RMB contract completion bonus
- Visa fee reimbursement after 6 months of the contract
- Airport pickup
- Welcome pack (monthly transport ticket, SIM card etc.)
- Free health insurance (including Dental)
- Guided tour around Beijing + tip about where to go in your district
- Referral bonuses per person (if a new teacher is hired through your recommendation)
- Extra pay for signing subsequent contracts
- Summer class bonuses (per month): 500 RMB
- Help with everything related to bureaucracy or medicine
- Help with a bank account, taxes, paying bills, interacting with officials and doctors (if needed)
- Well-equipped classrooms
- Teaching resources and materials
- Mandarin course
- Coaching, workshops, class reviews and mutual observation
- 120 hour TEFL: nearly all English teaching jobs in Shijiazhuang offer free certification if a teacher doesn’t have any
Types of ESL Teaching Jobs in Dalian
- Public and private schools
- Language training centers
ESL teaching jobs in Dalian are relatively various and well-paid.
Foreigners usually get to work with classes of young learners at international schools or state institutions, because Chinese parents want their children to start learning languages as early as they can. English is a chance for them to have a brilliant career.
In fact, teaching English in Dalian, you will work with big classes of over 15 students at once, even if you’re at a kindergarten because the language is in high demand.
At public schools, you may get as many as 50 children per class, but in this case, there will always be a Chinese assistant to help you handle it.
Most kindergartens and schools are very modern with fully equipped classrooms: TV, Internet, laptop, etc. While preparing for a class, think about available teaching materials, board games and adapted audio.
If you work in Dalian as an English teacher, be aware, that students see you as a source of knowledge and someone, who can bring some fun into the learning routine. That’s why fun activities and games are very important, especially if you work with toddlers or young schoolchildren.
What if I don’t have any experience?
No worries, many of our clients are fresh teachers. In fact, there is no problem or restriction regarding this.
In order to teach English in China, no experience is obligatory, although it may be an advantage, especially if you have worked with kids of a certain age or at reputable institutions.
On the other hand, many people believe that in order to teach English in China no degree is needed as well. This, on the contrary, is not true.
You have to possess at least a Bachelor’s degree in any field (although, a degree in education is preferred).
What is the typical schedule like?
All jobs for foreigners in Dalian expect you to work Monday-Friday and have 2 days off. Many schools give you day off on weekends, but it’s not a rule.
Those, who choose to work at international schools, usually have a slightly different schedule: they teach 5 days a week, but these include weekends because that’s when most students have more free time. In this case, your days off fall on weekdays.
Both training centers and ESL public school jobs in Dalian include up to 40 working hours per week for full-time positions.
But it doesn’t mean, that you’ll be expected to teach all this time: most of the hours are for preparation, meetings, homework check and other office tasks. However, classes still take up to 60% of the time.
The actual amount of hours is determined by the school: for example, at kindergartens, you teach only 10 hours per week!
At state schools you’ll work from 8 am to 5 pm daily, while Dalian international school jobs let you wake up later and start around 3 pm: you get relaxed mornings, but you won’t finish teaching until 9 pm.
How much can you earn in Dalian?
For expats, who choose to teach English in China salary won’t be a point of disappointment. Wages in Dalian range from 8,000 to 27,000 RMB ($1,200 - $3,900) depending on prior experience, qualifications and position specifications.
Native speakers teaching in Dalian usually earn more, than non-natives.
What to expect from your role as an English teacher in Dalian
- Work 5 days/week
- Teach young learners/adult students
- Class sizes: maximum of 25 people
- 40 hours in total: 10-25 hours per week teaching English at a Chinese school plus office work
- Plan lessons, conversation classes, demos and presentations
- Ensure interactive activities, use audio materials, develop students’ communication skills
- Provide feedback, check tests and homework
- Attend social events and meetings
Another perk about teaching jobs for foreigners in Dalian is that you never get to pay for the apartment since schools offer a monthly allowance or free private accommodation.
Professionals from abroad can either live alone or share the apartments with a fellow foreigner if they wish.
- Help finding an apartment in Dalian: a local English-speaking agent will answer your questions and assist you till you choose a place.
- All apartments are well-equipped, Western style and convenient. You will get to check out pictures before you arrive and decide which one you prefer.
- We ensure that our clients get to live in safe and quiet Dalian neighborhoods not far from work, local shops, and entertainment.
Qualifications & Skills
According to the requirements to teach English in China in 2019, a foreigner has to possess:
- Bachelor’s degree (in any field)
- TEFL certificate (schools often pay for remote or on-site training, if the teacher doesn’t have one)
- Readiness to commit to a 12-month contract
Other than that teaching jobs in Dalian have optional requirements:
- Native speaker/diploma from a university in an English-speaking region
- Teaching 1+ year
- Previous experience with a particular age group is a plus
- Friendly, patient, creative in class, open-minded and passionate about teaching
Apply Now to Teach English in Dalian
Does Dalian sound right to you? Don’t miss your chance – submit an application and send us the following information:
- Cover letter
- Recent photo
- Preferred schedule and learners’ age
- Availability date
Apply today at [email protected] (clickable email to write us right away) or fill out the form below.
Get the application in and we guarantee that you’ll teach English in Dalian at a high-rated school.