Teach English in Guangzhou
Compensation and salary
If you are ready to work hard, be sure, that English teaching jobs in Guangzhou can be extremely beneficial not only on a cultural level but in terms of finance, since a good worker always gets a lot more, than a basic salary.
- Salary up to 14,000 RMB (depends on your schedule, experience, level of English etc.) and up to 2000 RMB for extra classes
- Free accommodation
- Help with visa and documentation
- 11+13 days off per school year
- Flight ticket reimbursement after the end of the contract (the amount should not exceed 3000 RMB)
- 7000 RMB contract completion bonus
- Visa fee reimbursement after 6 months of the contract
- Airport pickup
- Welcome pack (monthly transport ticket, SIM card, health assurance etc.)
- Guided tour around Beijing + tip about where to go in your district
- Loyalty bonus for each subsequent contract with the school
- Referral bonuses per person (if a new teacher is hired through your recommendation)
- Performance bonuses
- Summer class bonuses (per month): 500 RMB
- Help with everything related to bureaucracy or medicine
- Help with a bank account, taxes, paying bills, interacting with officials and doctors (if needed)
- Well-equipped classrooms
- Teaching resources and materials
- Coaching, workshops, class reviews and mutual observation
- TEFL certificate (if needed)
Types of ESL Teaching Jobs in Guangzhou
- Training courses for adults
- Language centers for children
- International schools
- Public institutions (children aged 3-18)
The salary for ESL jobs in Guangzhou
Here is the key message to all those who want to teach English in China: salary mostly – but not entirely – depends on the actual amount of hours spent in class.
There are full-time positions and part-time ones. Plus, there is work experience, qualifications (extra certification, training), language level and accent, and nationality.
If you look through salary statistics for dozens of jobs in Guangzhou, you’ll see that there is no ‘standard’ wage for teachers – average employee gets between 9,000 RMB and 14,000 RMB, which equals $1,300 - $2,050 per month. Normally, you negotiate the amount and your future schedule before you ever come to China and sign a contract.
What is the usual schedule?
Schedules are another important point: they differ considerably at public or private schools and language courses. The perk about ordinary schools is that you get to finish the workday earlier (by 4 pm or 5 pm), so you have free evenings and 2 days off on weekends.
The main inconvenience is that you have to wake up early as classes start at about 8 am. Guangzhou international school jobs offer similar working hours, but they hire English-speaking subject teachers as well, here the pay may sometimes reach 16,000 RMB or 17,000 RMB ($2,350 – $2,500).
Types of ESL jobs in Guangzhou
At training centers the situation is rarely similar: as classes there start in the afternoon or evening, you get to sleep longer in the morning, but your working hours are till 8 pm or 9 pm.
Weekends off are not always a guarantee, but you’ll still get days off regularly.
‘Is it possible to teach adults in Guangzhou?’ you may wonder. Yes, but only at language centers, if you are ready to work late in the evening and come to school on weekends as well because that’s when your students need you.
What to expect from your role as an English teacher in Guangzhou
So, what exactly will you be expected to do? Usually, responsibilities are very typical for all language courses and public schools:
- Teach 20 (private schools) or up to 50 students (state establishments) in class
- Attend teacher-parent and school meetings
- Outline courses, lessons
- Use up-to-date materials, interactive whiteboard, audio and video
- Enhance speaking, interaction in class, develop listening skills
- Be creative, introduce games and group activities
- Provide feedback, mark tests and written homework
- Attend training, class observation and staff events
Foreigners don’t only get assistance in finding an apartment in Guangzhou, but they also get to live there rent-free, as teaching jobs in Guangzhou offer free housing as one of the bonuses.
You will be able to choose among several Western-style apartments in the safest areas of the city, close to your school, supermarkets, and local attractions.
Qualifications & Skills
Unlike other ESL recruitment agencies and schools, we do not require you to have an academic degree, TEFL/TESOL certificate or teaching experience. If you are fluent in English and want to teach kids or adults in China, you are welcome to apply and we will find you a teaching position in Guangzhou.
- English language fluency in speaking, reading, and writing
- Willingness to stay with the school for 12 or 15 months
- Creativity, diligence, good communication skills, patience and interest in Chinese culture,
- You can earn more and apply for better positions if you have TEFL with at least 120 hours of experience (but you can do certification after your arrival or online)
- Age: 18 - 45
Apply Now to Teach English in Guangzhou
What do you say? If it sounds interesting to you, contact us and we will call you back within 24 hours, offering a few schools, where you could teach in Beijing. For this, we will need the following documents:
- Your CV
- Cover letter
- Recent photo of you
- Preferences for schedule and students (age)
When are you able to start?
Apply today at [email protected] (clickable email to write us right away) or fill out the form below.