Teach English in Nanning
Compensation and salary
- Up to 13,000 RMB depending on your qualification and skills
- Free accommodation for all our teachers
- Help with visa and documentation
- 12-15 paid days of vacation per contract
- Flight ticket reimbursement after 9 months (the amount should not exceed 3000 RMB)
- 7000 RMB contract completion bonus
- Visa fee reimbursement after 9 months of the contract
- Airport pickup
- Welcome pack (monthly transport ticket, SIM card, health assurance, etc.)
- Guided tour around Nanning+ tips about where to go in your district
- Loyalty bonus for each subsequent contract with the school
- Referral bonuses per person (if a new teacher is hired through your recommendation)
- Help with everything related to bureaucracy or medicine
- Help with a bank account, taxes, paying bills (if needed)
- Training, support, and class observation
- TEFL certificate (if needed)
- Extra money for your previous experience with young learners (+ around 200 RMB per month)
- Health insurance covered by the school
Types of ESL Teaching Jobs in Nanning
- Public schools
- English training centers
If you are an English native speaker, you have a strong skill that can get you with the job of your dreams. Because you can teach English abroad, travel, and learn new about the world at the same time.
English teaching jobs in Nanning are in high demand and you can choose the one that will be a perfect match for your skills and expectations.
ESL teaching jobs in Nanning are well paid, and an English teacher can not only maintain a high standard of living but also accumulate some money for souvenirs, traveling, and holidays.
For example, a regular salary of a teacher in Nanning city may be from 10000 RMB (1450$) and up to 13000 RMB (1900$).
Usually, salary and compensation depend on your English level, teaching experience, and TEFL/CELTS certificates. So if you are a passionate teacher with experience, you can increase your salary up to 14000 CNY (2050$).
As you can see, ESL jobs in Nanning are a profitable opportunity if you want to teach English in China.
Also, many organizations have their own system of bonuses for extra hours and different activities. And you can ask your employer how a teacher can receive this extra money and increase income.
Teaching in kindergartens
Nanning English teaching jobs in kindergartens are quite popular because it is always better when children learn English with a native speaker. And this work is very responsible at the same time because you will need to explain everything and help understand the basics.
Usually, the age of students in public Chinese kindergarten may vary from 2 to 5 years old, and you will need to choose the right way of communication with different groups of children.
There are from 20 to 50 children in one group, and sometimes it is challenging enough to hold the discipline. But the most important advantage of working with children – it is always very informal and funny.
You will play exciting games, read fairytales and even sing songs. It is really the best option for jobs for students in Nanning. Because usually, you don’t need years of experience if you want to work in a kindergarten and you are passionate, vigorous, and able to put a lot of energy into communication with children.
Teaching at school
Public school jobs in Nanning are very popular, and this work will be more interesting for a teacher that prefer a more formal way of teaching English. Because in public school you will have a strict curriculum and your students usually have basic knowledge of the language.
So your primary mission will be to help them understand grammar better, create different tests, and help them to move forward in using English in their everyday life.
International school Nanning jobs are less popular than work in public school. But if you find a place in an international school, the process of teaching and requirements will be pretty the same.
The level of language of your students may be a little bit better because they have all the lessons in English.
In both cases, if you consider teaching English at a Chinese school, you will have a very stable and convenient schedule. You will work five days per week and have two days off on Saturday and Sunday. A working day of English teacher usually starts at 8-9 a.m. and ends at 5 p.m. So you will have a lot of free time to go to the restaurants and expat bars in the evenings.
Teaching in training centers of Nanning
It is the most demanded option among all Nanning teaching jobs because English language schools are becoming more and more popular every year.
Many parents send their children to study at training centers because they can learn the language more intensively there than in usual school.
Is it possible to teach adults in Nanning? Sure, English language centers also have groups for adult students!
A high level of English is an essential requirement for receiving a nice job all over the world, and China is not an exception. And adults understand that they need to level up their knowledge of the foreign language.
Nanning teaching jobs in training centers have a specific schedule. You will work five days per week, but usually, your days off will not be Saturday and Sunday.
Also, you will have free time for morning coffee, jogging, and other private matters, because your working day will start after 12 p.m. or in the evening.
What to expect from your role as an English teacher in Nanning?
When you decide to teach English in Nanning, you need to know that work conditions will depend on employer and place.
Basic requirements and conditions will be the same as for kindergartens, Nanning international school jobs and vacancies in training centers:
- 5/2 working week (days off may be on the middle of the week)
- From 20 to 30 teaching hours (10-20 office hours)
- Teaching methods: one-to-one, one-to-many
- From 20 to 50 students in the class (depend on the type of organization)
- Attend all scheduled meetings with colleges/parents/employer
- Create teaching programs and lesson plans
- Sing songs, play classroom games and be involved in other activities during the day
- Monitor the progress of your students and provide feedback
As you can see, teaching jobs for foreigners in Nanning have very reasonable requirements, benefits, and conditions.
Moving to Nanning, you will easily find your own work-life balance and have enough time for traveling, exploring a new culture, and entertainment.
Teaching in Nanning, all native speakers are worried about accommodation. And the good news is that your employer will provide you with free housing.
This aspect makes ESL teaching jobs in Nanning very profitable. Because you don’t need to spend money on rent and can save on the biggest expense item.
- Your employer will provide you with photos of modern and cozy flats, and all you need is just to choose where you want to live. There are three options for how you can rent a flat in China:
- Your employer will provide you with accommodation near the school where you will work. This option is very convenient because you will not spend much time to go to and from work.
- Another option is when your employer provides you with a monthly allowance. If you are teaching English in Nanning and want to live in another district from your workplace, this option will be a perfect match.
- You can choose a flat and negotiate with a landlord independently, but your employer will provide you with a monthly allowance.
- Also, a very popular option is living with another teacher from your school in one flat. In this case, an employer will provide you with bigger accommodation, and you will have separate rooms and enough privacy.
But sometimes living in Nanning with a friend may be very important, because you will not feel alone and always have someone to go to bars and other attractions with.
Qualifications & Skills
Basic requirements to teach English in China may seem very low, but don’t forget, that extra experience and diplomas will get you better-paid positions.
- Bachelor’s degree will be a plus, but not necessary
- TEFL/TESOL will be a benefit, but it is not a strict requirement (you can do certification upon school’s request while already teaching in China)
- No teaching experience is required
- Preferably a native speaker, or non-native with fluent English
- Ready to commit to at least a 12-month contract
- Open-minded, creative, patient and professional
Apply Now to Teach English in Nanning
If you feel like this city might be the right place, send us this information, so that we could get back to you with a suitable offer:
- Recent photo
- Preferences (young students/adults, schedule)
- When you are able to start
Apply today at [email protected] (clickable email to write us right away) or fill out the form below.
Get ready with your application today and teach English in Nanning with one of the best schools in the area.