Teach English in Taizhou
Compensation and salary
- Salary up to 13,000 RMB
- Free accommodation (single apartment)
- 11+13 days off per year
- Pickup at the airport, plus a guided tour around the city and your quarter
- Flight ticket reimbursement after 6 months
- 7000 RMB year completion bonus
- Visa fee reimbursement after completion of the contract
- Referral bonuses per person (if a new teacher is hired through your recommendation)
- Help with a bank account, taxes, paying bills, interacting with officials and doctors (if needed)
- Pre-job training
- Assistance on getting any legal documents you might need
- Health insurance
- Free TEFL certification
What to expect from your role as an English teacher in Taizhou
- Teach kids of 3-7 age
- 7-12 students in the class
- 15-25 teaching hours per week
- 10-15 office hours to prepare for classes
- Provide written lesson plans
- Use modern approaches and up-to-date technologies in class (watching films, listening and singing songs)
- Encourage students to start speaking and improve their listening skills
Qualifications & Skills
- No bachelor's degree or TEFL needed
- English language fluency in speaking, reading, and writing
- Willingness to teach 3--year-old kids
- Willingness to stay with the school for at least 1 year
- Passion for teaching, indulgence, genuine interest for Chinese culture and an open mind
- Age: 18 - 45
We already have a reserved apartment for you, check the photos below:
Apply Now to Teach English in Taizhou
Send us the following information and we will contact you within 24 hours:
- Cover letter
- Your recent photo
- When you are ready to start
Apply today at [email protected] (clickable email to write us right away) or fill out the form below.
What is it like to live in Taizhou?
Taizhou（台州） is the real China. It’s a modern city that maintains local character despite its quick development. Many foreigners are drawn to the city located on the eastern coast of China and they are pleasantly surprised to find that Taizhou is a great place to live.
Taizhou a very beautiful and nice place to live. The temperature here also changes within a pleasant range. Taizhou is a city of bright sunshine, warm breeze, and breathtaking mountains. Seafood lovers will enjoy the fresh and cheap assortment of seafood.
From the lively street markets to the gorgeous mountains and night pubs, there is no shortage of beautiful sights. To get around the city, teachers can choose to use public transit or take a taxi, the rate of which starts at 6RMB – less than $1!
What Makes Taizhou Unique?
- Population: 6 million
- Public Transportation: 1 train station, 1 airport, hundreds of bus routes & taxis
- Language: Mandarin, local dialects
- Climate: Subtropical, with four distinct seasons
The climate of Taizhou is very favorable and boasts rich fertile land and resources. The area belongs to the subtropical monsoon climate zone and weather tends to be very pleasant. During the summer you expect it to get very hot, July is the hottest with temperatures reaching as high as 34 C (93 F). Winters aren’t too bad in Taizhou, it never gets too cold with an average temperature of 4 C (39 F) to 8 C (46 F) with a rainy season in May and June and a little in early September.
Historically Taizhou was always an area that was pretty inaccessible by road however today is quite a different story. As the city grew economically it greatly improved its transport systems during the late 1990s and early 2000s.
Taizhou shares an airport with Yangzhou and is perfect for flights to other major cities in China such as Beijing, Guangzhou, Xian, Xiamen, Chengdu, Kunming, Shenzhen, Shenyang, and Harbin.
The introduction of the Yongtaiwen Expressway, Shangsan Expressway and Shenhai Expressway has made transport via car or bus to other neighboring areas very easy. September 2009 saw the introduction of the high-speed rail line and serves many stations along its route.