Teach English in Yanjiao
Compensation and salary
Although jobs in Yanjiao may not pay as much as those in top cities, the salary is still very decent, plus you benefit from free bonuses and training.
- Salary 15,000 RMB (depends on your schedule, experience, level of English etc.)
- Free accommodation
- Help with visa
- 11+15 days off per school year
- Flight ticket reimbursement after 9 months (the amount should not exceed 3000 RMB)
- 7000 RMB contract completion bonus
- Visa fee reimbursement after 6 months of the contract
- Airport pickup
- Promotion options within the school
- Welcome pack including a Chinese SIM, monthly bus pass, help create a bank account
- Guided tour around Beijing + tip about where to go in your district
- Loyalty bonus for each subsequent contract with the school
- Referral bonuses per person (if a new teacher is hired through your recommendation)
- Performance bonuses
- Help with everything related to bureaucracy or medicine
- Help with a bank account, taxes, paying bills, interacting with officials and doctors (if needed)
- Coaching, workshops, class reviews and mutual observation
- Full health insurance
- Possibility to get a free TEFL certificate
Types of ESL Teaching Jobs in Yanjiao
- Public schools
- English centers
Being a small Chinese town, the diversity of teaching options in Yanjiao isn’t very impressive – they are quite typical.
As usual, public school jobs in Yanjiao are among the most numerous and qualified foreign teachers are in high demand.
Some schools look for specific candidates with additional skills like music/singing or drama education because these are extremely useful in class with 3-10 year-olds.
Additional certification, training, and skills are an advantage when it comes to kids because schools want to hire the best teachers and maybe make them stay for a few years, offering bonuses and promotion possibilities.
“Is it possible to teach adults in Yanjiao?” you might ask. Sure!
If you happen to be interested in this kind of learners and/or have worked with them before, mention it in your resume and cover letter.
Although it’s difficult to focus on one specific age group, teaching English as a foreign language China, we can totally arrange that if you want.
In fact, you are not expected to be an overachiever in order to find a well-paid position: you can start without prior experience or even a TEFL certification.
Although, remember, that you’ve got to possess a university diploma, since teaching English in China without a degree is impossible in most provinces and makes it difficult to get a visa.
What schedule to expect?
Looking for work in Yanjiao as an English teacher, you should choose between two main options: a public school and a private training center. This will affect your schedule.
At state schools, foreigners normally work from 8 am or 7 am till 5 pm with two hours of lunch break. Weekends are all yours! Plus extra days off for traveling every year.
However, if you opt for an international language center, your workweek will be different.
There will be 2 days off every week, but they won’t fall on Saturday and Sunday – you’ll probably have to work on weekends.
With Yanjiao international school jobs you are also expected to work late hours (till 9 pm), but there will be no morning classes at all.
Most of them start in the afternoon, so you’ll be able to get more sleep.
How much can you earn in Yanjiao?
Typically, wages are not extraordinary in smaller Chinese towns, but since the cost of living in Yanjiao is relatively low, you can afford a lot more in comparison.
Teaching English in Yanjiao can earn you a great living with $2,200 monthly.
Private classes and overtime teaching might make it $3,000, depending on your abilities, enthusiasm, and energy.
What to expect from your role as an English teacher in Yanjiao
- Teach schoolchildren/adults
- Class size: from 20 to 50 students
- 5 days/week, 2 days off
- Up to 30 working hours + a few office hours
- Teaching English at a Chinese school using a modern approach and technology
- Enhance communication in class
- Develop spoken and written English
- Check tests
- Provide feedback
- Perform ordinary lessons, demos, and conversation clubs
Being among the cheapest towns in China, it still offers free housing and other bonuses.
This makes living in Yanjiao as a foreigner an enjoyable experience if you are thinking of a quiet and peaceful place not far from the capital.
Applying for English teaching jobs in Yanjiao, you get:
- Fully equipped Western style apartment.
- Professional assistance in finding an apartment in Yanjiao: an estate agent will share pictures of available accommodation with you and discuss details.
- All places are located close to the school and commercial areas.
- Teachers are offered to live in safe Yanjiao districts
Most employers cover 100% of rent, but utilities (up to $57 per month) will be on you.
Qualifications & Skills
Here is a list of the latest requirements to teach English in China in 2019 you’ll need to meet in order to apply:
- Bachelor’s degree is preferred but not necessary
- TEFL (jobs in Yanjiao offer free certification)
- 19+ years old
- 1+ year of experience is an advantage
- Readiness to commit to a 12-month contract
- Passion, creative approach in teaching, cultural awareness
Apply Now to Teach English in Yanjiao
If you like Yanjiao, feel free to send us the following information:
- Cover letter
- Recent photo
- Preferences (teaching hours, students)
- Availability to begin work
Apply today at [email protected] (clickable email to write us right away) or fill out the form below.
Submit your application now and get to teach English in Yanjiao with one of the top schools.