Teach English in Zhengzhou
Compensation and salary
Although, there might be plenty of work and requirements, teaching jobs for foreigners in Zhengzhou are always highly remunerative.
Those, who teach English abroad, get high salaries plus extra bonuses, awards for hard work and contract completion.
- Salary up to 14,000 RMB (depends on your schedule, experience, level of English etc.) and up to 4000 RMB for extra classes
- Free accommodation
- Help with visa and documentation
- 11+13 days off per school year
- Flight ticket reimbursement after the end of the contract (the amount should not exceed 3000 RMB)
- 7000 RMB contract completion bonus
- Visa fee reimbursement after 9 months of the contract
- Airport pickup
- Welcome pack (monthly transport ticket, SIM card, health assurance etc.)
- Guided tour around Beijing + tip about where to go in your district
- Loyalty bonus for each subsequent contract with the school
- Referral bonuses per person (if a new teacher is hired through your recommendation)
- Performance bonuses
- Summer class bonuses (per month): 500 RMB
- Help with everything related to bureaucracy or medicine
- Help with a bank account, taxes, paying bills, interacting with officials and doctors (if needed)
- Well-equipped classrooms
- Teaching resources and materials
- Coaching, workshops, class reviews and mutual observation
- TEFL certificate (if needed)
Types of ESL Teaching Jobs in Zhengzhou
- Public schools
- International language centers
That’s where one can find enough jobs for foreigners in Zhengzhou, China. While some schools require extra qualifications like drama experience or hire exclusively native speakers, most of them accept open-minded applicants with good accent and fluent speaking, who want to try something new or practice teaching.
However, don’t forget, that you are not likely to teach English in Zhengzhou with no degree as it is now a government requirement for a work visa, but many foreigners get to teach English abroad without certification alright: most courses and establishments offer free online or on-site TEFL training.
It’s a great chance to get certified and save money, while still getting a fairly paid job with bonuses and all the benefits.
Another advantage is that an average vacancy for teaching English in primary schools in Zhengzhou will offer you almost as much, as a position at an international school, so consider this option, if you want to integrate more in the society, interact with more ordinary Chinese children and contribute to the language teaching methods, used at schools.
For those, who teach English in China, salary is usually on the same level with slight modifications for more expensive regions or cities.
In Henan province, minimum wages are around 6,000 – 7,000 RMB ($800 – $1,000), but a qualified specialist can earn up to 13,000 – 14, 000 RMB ($2,000) per month, which is extraordinary, compared to the amount you’ll be spending on food, shopping, and fun.
Is it possible to teach adults in Zhengzhou? Sure!
But be ready for a slightly different schedule, since adults only have time in the evening and on weekends, so you won’t have days off on Saturday and Sunday, and will have to work till 9 pm.
Your colleagues from public schools normally work Monday-Friday till 4 pm or 5 pm, but wake up earlier to start classes at 8 am.
What to expect from your role as an English teacher in Zhengzhou
- 18-20 classes per week
- Maximum 10 hours of teaching-related work
- Public school jobs in Zhengzhou offer exclusively 40-45-minute classes
- Weekends off/2 fixed days off per week
- 18-20 students in class at international schools/up to 50 in state institutions
- Enhance speaking and listening skills
- Ensure the equal participation of everyone
- Use modern methods, games and fun activities
- Use authentic audio and video materials, provided by the school
- Provide feedback on tests and homework
- Attend school events and workshops
Perhaps, one of the main advantages of teaching English as a foreign language in China is free accommodation and low cost of living in general.
Both state and international school Zhengzhou jobs provide comfortable apartments for their foreign employees, which can save you extra dollars every month and let you travel or buy more.
Rent in Zhengzhou is extremely cheap – more than 290% lower, than in Shanghai! This means, that you can easily get a luxurious 2 or 3-bedroom place in the city center for as little as $515 per month.
- You can live with your family, teaching English at a Chinese school, and your school will pay for a bigger apartment.
- It is possible to opt for a high-class place and share it with other teachers from abroad or live alone.
- You don’t have to pay for anything.
- An agent will send you pictures of suitable places to choose from. All apartments are situated in safe and friendly areas with lots of attractions, shopping centers, supermarkets, and restaurants. The school won’t be too far either.
Qualifications & Skills
Unlike other ESL recruitment agencies and schools, we do not require you to have an academic degree, TEFL/TESOL certificate or teaching experience. If you are fluent in English and want to teach kids or adults in China, you are welcome to apply and we will find you a teaching position in Guangzhou.
Basic requirements to teach English in China are not hard to meet:
- English language fluency in speaking, reading, and writing
- Willingness to stay with the school for 12 or 15 months
- Creativity, diligence, good communication skills, patience and interest in Chinese culture,
- You can earn more and apply for better positions if you have TEFL with at least 120 hours of experience (but you can do certification after your arrival or online)
- Age: 18 - 45
Apply Now to Teach English in Zhengzhou
What do you say? If it sounds interesting to you, contact us and we will get back to you within 24 hours, offering a few schools, where you could teach in Zhengzhou. For this, we will need the following documents:
- Your CV
- Cover letter
- Recent photo of you
- Preferences for schedule and students (age)
When are you able to start?
Apply today at [email protected] (clickable email to write us right away) or fill out the form below.