Teach English in Xuzhou
Compensation and salary
Your actual revenues may vary greatly, depending on the amount of bonuses you get.
- Salary: up to 14,000 RMB per month
- Overtime pay: 200 RMB per hour
- 7,000 RMB contract completion bonus
- Loyalty bonus for next contracts signed with the school
- Referral bonus (if you attract new teachers)
- Flight ticket reimbursement after 9 months (the amount should not exceed 3,000 RMB)
- Visa fee reimbursement after 6 months of the contract. Visa is required for teaching in Xuzhou
- Summer bonuses (if you work in summer): 500 RMB per month
- 11 national holidays off work plus 13 extra days
- Airport pickup and help
- Welcome packs (SIM card, public transport ticket etc.)
- Coaching and workshops at school
- Health insurance
- Free accommodation
- TEFL certification (if needed)
Types of ESL Teaching Jobs in Xuzhou
To make it short, looking for jobs in Xuzhou for foreigners is not a tough mission, because there are:
- Middle/high schools
- Colleges and universities
- Language courses
- Weekend schools for adults etc.
Salaries here might be slightly lower, than in Beijing, but prices are also very different here. Foreign teachers’ wages start at 8,000 – 9,000 RMB ($1100– 1200) per month. These are approximate figures for a non-native teacher, who doesn’t have any extra classes. Most jobs for Americans in Xuzhou offer higher rates.
A typical day at a public or a private school will start around 8 am and will end at 4:30 pm. If you wish to work on Saturdays and Sundays, you could get extra hours, but it depends of the school and on your decision. Normally you won’t have to work on weekends, although there are schools with different schedules, where teachers work starting 3 pm till 8 pm on weekdays and have classes on Saturdays.
Remember, that in Xuzhou teaching jobs are extremely various, and that you don’t have to apply for a job at a public school or a kindergarten, if teaching kids is not your thing – English speakers willing to work in adult classes are needed just as much! Schedules and other conditions are also discussed before your arrival, so you can always negotiate your ideal teaching hours with the principal.
What to expect from your role as an English teacher in Xuzhou
- At least 12-month contract and relocation to China
- Work Monday to Friday, weekends off (Attention : schedules might be different at some English schools in Xuzhou)
- 40-hour working week, with regular breaks throughout the day.
- Approximately 20 teaching hours per week (or up to 25 classes per week)
- 15 hours of paid prep time
- Around 20 students in class (more at public schools)
- Teaching English based on modern approaches, developing speaking and listening skills in particular. Use immersive learning techniques such as storytelling, singing, dialogue, and role-playing, in combination with formal exercises
- Demo classes and conversation clubs
- Lesson planning, answering students’ questions, providing feedback and progress reports for each student
- Attending school meetings and training.
We provide you with free apartment upon your arrival. The rent and bills are usually paid for by the school, so you don’t need to deduct that money from your monthly pay. Don’t worry about the quality – all teachers get Western style apartments at nice and safe districts.
- Many pictures of different apartments will be sent to you, so that you could have something to choose from.
- Smaller or bigger? If you plan to come with your family, you can specify that in order to get a 85m2 apartment with separate rooms; otherwise you can ask for a small and cozy place.
- Nothing to worry about! Teachers are housed not far from the school, in good quarters, so that no one gets lost nor get in trouble on the very first day.
All those, who choose English teaching jobs in Xuzhou, are very well taken care of: local teachers help them adapt quickly, show them around, give tips about where to go out and which buses are best for them.
Qualifications & Skills
Unlike other ESL recruitment agencies and schools, we do not require you to have an academic degree, TEFL/TESOL certificate or teaching experience. If you are fluent in English and want to teach kids or adults in China, you are welcome to apply and we will find you a teaching position in more than 60 cities around China.
- English language fluency in speaking, reading, and writing
- Energetic, outgoing, and passionate.
- Curiosity, open-mindedness, patience, and love for teaching.
- Readiness to sign a 12-month contract in Xuzhou, China
- Clean criminal record
Apply Now to Teach English in Xuzhou
If you want more details about suitable positions and teaching experience in China, visit our ESL jobs in China page or send us the following information and we will contact you within 24 hours:
- Cover letter
- Your recent photo
- Preferences about the age of your students (if you have any)
- When you are ready to start
Apply today at: [email protected] (clickable email to write us right away) or fill out the form below.
Get your application in today and teach English in Xuzhou with one of the leading schools in the city.